Standard First Aid
Our Standard First Aid courses are designed for those who want to learn essential life support skills to better respond to emergencies at home or at work. These courses prepare learners through instruction, demonstration and practice. Equip yourself with the knowledge and abilities needed for common health emergencies, such as, but not limited to:
- Emergency Scene Management
- Shock, Fainting, and Unconsciousness
- Head, Spine, and Pelvic Injuries
- Severe Bleeding and Wounds
- Adult/Child/Infant Resuscitation
- Medical Conditions (including Asthma, Allergies, Diabetic Emergencies,
Seizures, and Poisoning)
- Treatment of burns
Heart & Stroke Standard First Aid courses features:
- Reflects science from the most recent Canadian Consensus Guidelines on First Aid and CPR
- Hands-on class format reinforces skills proficiency.
- Course options that meet or exceed regulatory requirements for workplace first aid courses federally and in most provinces and territories.
- Are recognized across Canada and are widely accredited, with some exceptions. For more in-depth information regarding provincial or territorial regulations on first aid, refer to your provincial workplace regulation board. View the First Aid Course Regulatory Approval chart.
For the province of Alberta (NEW updates!):
It is important to note that The Government of Alberta has announced important legislation changes concerning regulated first aid training courses for workers approved under the Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Code. All accredited first aid training agencies in Alberta must comply with name changes in Part 11 of the OHS Code to align with Canadian Standards Association (CSA) naming recommendations. This requirement comes into effect on March 31, 2023.
Cardiac Response YYC offers Heart & Stroke accredited first aid courses that has complied with the required changes and updated the names of courses as follows:
For more information, visit LINK