New candidate expectations:
- Abide by the Resuscitation Code of Conduct when representing the HSFC at courses and events held on the HSFC’s behalf (available on the Resuscitation Training Portal)
- Communicates organizational structure, policies, and procedures of the Resuscitation Program and integrates Resuscitation Program administrative policy and procedures into training programs.
- Performs psychomotor resuscitation skills for BLS and/or ALS accurately and without hesitation.
- Integrates learning principles and learning needs for a variety of individuals of different ages, professions, capabilities, and fitness.
- Stays current on HSFC Resuscitation Program course content, instruction methods, and trends in resuscitation.
- Commits to lifelong learning
- Advocates and reflects the philosophy of the HSFC
- As a standard, *co-teaching during a candidate monitoring session is not permitted. A MONITORING retry may be warranted if the EI has to step in numerous times.
Required Course Material:
- Lesson Plan in preparation for the MONITORING session with Experienced Instructor
- Current Provider Manual (2020 BLS Provider manual)
- Own BLS USB and laptop
- Pocket mask with one-way valve device