Are you a healthcare provider who’s new to Heart & Stroke’s ACLS courses or who doesn’t use your ACLS skills or knowledge often? Then our ACLS Provider course is for you.
Our ACLS Provider course will help you to develop skills – as a member of a healthcare team – in simulated situations that mirror real-life cardiac-related emergencies in your work life.
These simulations will involve high-quality CPR, high-performance team dynamics and communication, systems of care, recognition and intervention of cardiopulmonary arrest, acute dysrhythmia, stroke, and acute coronary syndromes. You will be able to reinforce concepts, undertake skills practice, receive coaching and correction, and refine your abilities before final testing.
This course is offered in two learning formats: the more traditional classroom-based teaching led by one of our instructors; or the blended learning format in which you delve into parts of the curriculum on your own time and at your own pace and then take the instructor-led, in-classroom component when you’re ready. You can choose the format that suits your learning style best.
What you’re expected to know before taking this course
For you to achieve the best possible learning outcomes from our ACLS Provider course, you will need to possess clinical skills, knowledge and proficiency in:
- High-quality BLS
- Recognition of common cardiac ECG rhythms
- Effective management of airways and use of adjuncts
- Knowledge of cardiac pharmacology
- Practical management of complex cases
- High-performance team skills
- Current Heart & Stroke Basic Life Support (BLS) Provider Certificate; and
- ACLS Precourse Self-Assessment Certificate (passing score = 70%)
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Provider Manual: RE5610E (print or ebook); and
- 2020 Handbook of Emergency Cardiovascular Care for Healthcare Providers: RE0130E (Print Only)
- Mix of self-paced, online learning and 10 hrs in classroom setting