ACL Provider Renewal (Blended)
Are you a healthcare provider who is confident in your ACLS skills and uses them regularly, and requires limited practice to renew your credentials? Then Heart & Stroke’s ACLS ProviderRenewal course is for you.
Our ACLS Provider Renewal course tests and strengthens your high-level skills and
knowledge involving core ACLS concepts in simulated, cardiac-related emergency
situations to help you in your practice.
In this concentrated course, your proficiency will be evaluated in high-quality CPR,
high-performance team dynamics and communication, systems of care, recognition and
intervention of cardiopulmonary arrest, acute dysrhythmia, stroke, acute coronary
syndromes, and more.
This course is offered in two learning formats: the more traditional classroom-based
teaching led by one of our instructors; or the blended learning format in which you delve
into parts of the curriculum on your own time and at your own pace and then take the
instructor-led, in-classroom component when you’re ready. You can choose the format
that suits your learning style best.
What you’re expected to know before taking this course
For you to achieve the best possible learning outcomes from our ACLS Provider
Renewal course, you’ll need to possess clinical skills, knowledge and ability in:
● High-quality BLS
● Recognition of common cardiac ECG rhythms
● Effective management of airways and use of adjuncts
● Knowledge of cardiac pharmacology
● Practical management of complex cases
● High-performance team skills
● Current Heart & Stroke Basic Life Support (BLS) Provider Certificate; and
● ACLS Precourse Self-Assessment Certificate (passing score = 70%)
● Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Provider Manual: RE5610E (print or
● 2020 Handbook of Emergency Cardiovascular Care for Healthcare
Providers: RE0130E (Print Only)
● Mix of self-paced, online learning and 6 hrs in classroom setting
ACLS Provider Certificate
● Valid for 2 yrs